We have our Junior Competition in Semi Final mode. All competitive players are either playing semi finals, pennant semi finals or pennant finals this weekend, except for our Under 18 Competition which still has one important round to go.
We wish all playing in all matches scheduled this weekend.
However, the weather looks once again to be turning against the ESFA competition. We have contingency plans as follows:-
ALL Competition will be treated individually i.e. just because 1 comp is affected by washouts doesn't mean others need to be amended.
THIS WEEKEND - 16th/17th August
All games washed out - Games abandoned and move to 2 WEEK FINALS Format i.e. 1 v 4 2 v3
If any game in a competition is washed out, all other games in that competition will be deemed to be washed out & a 2 Week Finals Series will be played.
NB : If it is known that a game is washed out and time permits, ESFA will TRY to inform the other teams in that Competition that their game result will not count and should not be played unless they agree to play a friendly.
Pennant Finals - as these are already 2 weeks - simply move all games back a week.
While we would prefer replays, the truth is it is very difficult to scheduled. Importantly, the overall result of this move will see all teams still remaining in the finals series.
NEXT WEEKEND 23/24 August
If the same protocol were applied and as we are booked into the Grand Final on 30th/31st of August, then the highest placed team(s) would progress to the Grand final and lower teams eliminated. Naturally we would like to avoid this if possible.
Therefore, a decision will be made after we know what has happened this weekend i.e. are we playing a 2 week finals? or is there only a Preliminary Final to " catch up"?
A decision will be made early next week.
Good luck to all Juniors this weekend and special mention to the Over 35s division 1 teams who begin their semis this Sunday.
Play in the spirit of the game!