The weather gods are not happy and crying all over us at the moment! We are working hard to ensure that we have reasonable outcomes for all teams, given the current challenges.
As all games were washed out on Sunday 17th of August, we are in the situation where games must be played prior to establishing the final top 4 in some competitions. This allows all teams to be given a fair chance to finish in their rightful position entering into the finals.
The weather forecast is not shining brightly for the next couple of weeks and as a result, we may be forced to reduce finals series from 3 weeks to 2 weeks if this weekend too is washed out (i.e. 1st Vs 4th, 2nd Vs 3rd > Winners to Grand Final).
Therefore, some competitions will not be able to commence their finals this weekend. Competitions that have their Grand Finals on the 13th & 14th of September have an extra week and we will do all we can to leverage that extra week to ensure their finals series will not be affect this weekend (i.e. only pushed back a week - Preliminary finals on the 6th/7th of September).
Competitions to play catch-up games this weekend (that affect the top 4 order) - Sunday 24th of August:
- Men's Division 1: Barnstoneworth Vs Queens Park
- Men's Division 3: Barnstoneworth Vs Maccabi, Maccabi A Vs Queens Park AA3R
- Men's Division 4: Maccabi Vs Dunbar
- Men's Division 5: Lokomotiv Vs Coogee (Saturday), Lokomotiv Vs UNSWA (Sunday)
- Men's Division 6: Lions Vs Queens Park, Coogee Vs Maccabi
- Men's Division 8: Lions Vs Waverley, Sydney Uni Vs Redfern
Competitions to commence finals this weekend - 23rd/24th of August
- Men's Championship First Grade
- Men's Championship Reserve Grade
- Men's Division 2
- Men's Division 5 (Saturday)
- Men's Division 7
- Men's Division 7 (Saturday)
- Men's Division 8
- Men's Division 9
- Women's Championship
- Women's Division 2
- Women's Division 3
- Women's Division 4
- O35 Men's Championship (2 week final series)
- O35 Division 2
- Men's O45 Championship
A final draw for this weekend will be online by Wednesday 20th of August at 5:00pm.
If there are further cancellations this weekend, we will need to re-assess again early next week.
We have our fingers crossed that the weather will improve over the next few days and brighten the current grey affecting the beautiful game.
Looking for sunshine on a rainy day!