Junior Competition Draw Wet Weather Reorganisation
Published: 7/05/2015 2:27:00 PM
Yes, we have not had the weather on our side but yes, we have been busy sorting the best way forward for the remainder of the season.
We have moved quickly to re-organise our Junior competitions with the following overriding aims:
- Provide as much football as possible for all our teams
- Retain the agreed policy of no games during the middle weekend of the July school holidays
- Ensure necessary changes are clearly communicated so everyone, Club, coach, manager, player and parents, know what is happening
- Allow for any necessary regrading to occur as planned
In summary, we have made the following changes:
- Round 5 will be played this weekend as per current schedule on Sporting Pulse
- Washed out Round 3 and 4 games have been rescheduled to be played in the coming weeks (NB please allow a few days for these changes to be reflected in the Sporting Pulse online draws)
- Games will be played over June long weekend as was advised to all Clubs at the beginning of the season
The logic has been to complete Round 1 of the Championship to allow regrading if necessary on the following dates:
- 6 teams - 25th May, 2015
- 8 teams - 8th June, 2015
- 10 teams - 22nd June, 2015 (NB we will discuss options for 10 teams competitions with the Clubs over the coming weeks)
We have tried to move quickly to avoid confusion and hopefully these revised schedules will alleviate any concerns and "do the trick''.
In essence, this weekend's draw has not changed, however please bear with us while we make the necessary changes for the coming weeks. The draw will be finalised and live as soon as practicable for the rest of the season.
We thank all our Junior football family for their continued cooperation and understanding.
Lets get all our Junior footballers on the parks and playing football in sun!