ESFA Coaching Opportunities 2020
Published: 10/09/2019 3:05:00 PM
Eastern Suburbs Football Association (ESFA) is seeking expressions of interest from coaches who would like to join the ESFA coaching team and work with talented boys and girls across our programs including SAP (mixed - u9-u10 and girls u10-u13), Boys Youth League (u13-u16 - should a licence be granted) and Sydney FC Skills training programs.
ESFA participates within Football NSW competitions and several vacancies have become available including Head Coach and Assistant Coaching roles. Coaches will also have the opportunity to work in other programs in conjunction with Sydney FC such as School Holiday Camps, School programs and Skills Training Programs (run each term).
Positions are renumerated dependant on qualifications and experience.
ESFA COACHING GOALS
- Develop and enhance the technical level of all players
- Develop game play and awareness based on skill, understanding and 'game cleverness'
- Learn and play without negative pressure and enjoy the game (experience)
- Ensure all of the above in training and on game day
- Minimum C Licence Youth [if you do not have a C-Licence at present, you may be considered and we will assist you in attaining this qualification]
Coaching / playing experience
- Outline of playing and/or coaching experience
- Reference(s) from previous coaching engagements
- Profile of coaching history
- Knowledge of FFA national curriculum content
Personal qualities / characteristics / knowledge
- Personal vision, philosophy about football (inc. National Curriculum) consistent with the aims of ESFA programs
- Compatibility with developmental goals
- Interest in players, understanding that they are the key actors
- Positive approach to young players (relating to players)
- Self-control (calm, stable, composed)
- Capacity to improve (self-others)
- Open-minded (listens to others)
- Honest and fair with everybody
- Displays 'passion' for football and coaching
Trials and Pre-season training begins late October 2019, so interested coaches are encouraged to send through an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing their coaching history and qualifications.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a Working With Children number to be eligible for consideration - see this Football NSW Guide.
ESFA has a long and proud history of football development with many players from ESFA programs now gracing FNSW Institute programs, A-League Academy teams, State and National teams.