ESFA Pathway Coaching Opportunities 2019
Published: 14/08/2018 12:05:00 PM
Due to ESFA expanding its programs and player pathway in 2019 for both Boys and Girls, ESFA is seeking expressions of interest from coaches to lead our ESFA teams and talented young players in the FNSW Girls and Mixed Skills Acquisition Program 2018/2019. Positions are renumerated dependant on qualifications and experience.
ESFA COACHING GOALS
- Develop and enhance the technical level of all players
- Develop game play and awareness based on skill, understanding and 'game cleverness'
- Learn and play without negative pressure and enjoy the game (experience)
- Ensure all of the above in training and on game day
- Minimum C Licence Youth [if you do not have a C-Licence at present, you may be considered and we will assist you in attaining this qualification]
Coaching / playing experience
- Outline of playing and/or coaching experience
- Reference(s) from previous coaching engagements
- Profile of coaching history
- Knowledge of FFA national curriculum content
Personal qualities / characteristics / knowledge
- Personal vision, philosophy about football (inc. National Curriculum) consistent with the aims of ESFA programs
- Compatibility with developmental goals
- Interest in players, understanding that they are the key actors
- Positive approach to young players (relating to players)
- Self-control (calm, stable, composed)
- Capacity to improve (self-others)
- Open-minded (listens to others)
- Honest and fair with everybody
- Displays 'passion' for football and coaching
Trials and Pre-season training begins in November, so interested coaches are encouraged to send through an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing their coaching history and qualifications.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a Working With Children number to be eligible for consideration - see this Football NSW Guide.
ESFA has a long and proud history of football development with many players from ESFA programs now gracing FNSW Institute programs and state and national teams.