Walking football at Coral Sea Park is back this Saturday! A game meant for everyone, come on down and ask for Frank to get involved! Hosted by Maroubra United Football Club and Football NSW, anyone can join in on Saturdays from 11.30-1pm at Coral Sea Park.
To get involved, contact Frank: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Walking Football programs are run in partnership with Active Ageing Australia and Member Federations offering a social, small-sided & sustainable version of football specifically modified for older Australians, in metropolitan, regional & remote locations.
The program focuses on passing rather than speed/running; flexible with its formats and accessible to the community and prospective players.
The program will highlight the health, well-being and social benefits of regular football and exercise activities for older people.
Football NSW in conjunction with our associations will still be running programs catered to those aged 50 years and over.
WHAT IS WALKING FOOTBALL
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- Matches are played with modified formats (5v5/6v6) on smaller pitches with shortened game times
- Walking Football aims to provide participants physical & mental health benefits, social contentedness and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
HOW WALKING FOOTBALL IS PLAYED
- Running is not allowed. A participant always has to have one foot on the ground.
- It is a non-contact version of the game.
- The ball cannot be kicked above head height.
- There is no heading of the ball.
- There are no ‘referees’ as such and the competitive angle is kept to a minimum.
- The focus is on fun and making friends.
For more information , or to find other venues, visit: