ALDI MiniRoos is a key initiative of the National Football Development Plan. Players, clubs, associations and Football NSW in conjunction with the FFA will see the benefits of ALDI MiniRoos in providing opportunity for:
- more fun and individual enjoyment due to smaller fields and simplified rules
- more playing time, which maximizes individual participation and involvement
- far more repeated touches of the ball by all players on the field
- more shots on goal
- more involvement leading to greater improvement in fitness
ALDI MiniRoos is about learning, self experiencing, having a lot of touches on the ball and above all having a lot of FUN.
FFA has a site with loads of useful information here: www.miniroos.com.au
Only clubs affiliated with the FFA are contributing towards the football family from grassroots to the Matildas and Socceroos, so only clubs affiliated with FFA can use the name MiniRoos!
The following clubs participate in ESFA MiniRoos:
- Dunbar Rovers FC
- Easts FC
- Glebe Wanderers FC
- Heffron Hawks FC
- Maccabi Hakoah Junior FC
- Maroubra United FC
- Mascot Kings FC
- South East Eagles FC
- Pagewood Botany FC
- Queens Park FC
- Reddam House (students only)
- Waverley Old Boys FC
ESFA’s MiniRoos programs run for children aged 5-11 with team based games of 4v4, 7v7 and 9v9 (depending on age). The rules are modified to promote inclusiveness, engagement and technical ability.
ALDI MiniRoos FAQs: https://www.playfootball.com.au/miniroos/FAQs