Thank you for registering your child to trial for the ESFA SAP & GSAP programs for 2022. We can now confirm our trial times and we look forward to welcoming your child. Please see below dates and times for each age group.
Players MUST attend the first trial to be invited back to the second trial. Should it be an issue we ask that you notify us for approval. We ask this so our coaches can know who to expect and organise the session, and to maintain a register of attendees as per public health orders.
TRIAL DATE/TIMES & VENUE
VENUE: Heffron Park Synthetic field, Bunnerong Road Maroubra.
|DATE||AGE GROUP (for 2022)||TIMES|
|Monday 25th October||Under 9 Mixed||4.30pm-5.45pm|
|Thursday 28th October||Under 9 Mixed (invited players only)||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 10 Mixed||5.45pm-7pm|
|Monday 1st November||Under 9 Mixed (invited players only)||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 10 Mixed (invited players only)||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 11 Mixed||5.45pm-7pm|
|Under 12 Mixed||5.45pm-7pm|
|Thursday 4th November||Under 11 Mixed (invited players only)||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 12 Mixed (invited players only)||5.45pm-7pm|
|AGE GROUP (for 2022)||TIMES|
|Thursday 28th October||Under 10 Girls||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 11 Girls||5.45pm-7pm|
|Monday 1st November||Under 10 Girls||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 11 Girls||4.30pm-5.30pm|
|Under 12 Girls||5.45pm-7pm|
|Under 13 Girls||5.45pm-7pm|
|Thursday 4th November||Under 12 Girls||4.30pm-5.45pm|
|Under 13 Girls||4.30pm-5.45pm|
- Please arrive 15mins prior to your allocated start time
- Players will be signed in at the entrance to the Heffron Synthetic field and will be given a trial number. Parents/spectators will be asked to observe from the seating area while socially distancing.
- NO Parent should come onto the playing field.
- Coaches will observe children in different formats being technical skills, small-sided games (2v2, 4v4) and a bigger game.
- We ask that no Parent/spectator coach or instruct during the trial process. Any parent found doing this will be asked to leave the venue.
- Each trial will go for 1hr-1hr15mins.
- Parents will be notified of the next step via email the following day.
- Any child wanting to trial for a goalkeeper position, please advise.
- We ask all parents/spectators to register using the QR Code provided at the registration desk.
- We ask all parents/spectators not to come onto the playing field unless of an emergency
- Parents/spectators to view the session from the concrete seating area, while social distancing.
- Upon completion of the trial, children will be escorted to the exit area (gate nearest tennis centre and concrete seating area) for pick up. We ask all parents to please vacate the venue and not to hang around.
We understand that trials can be a stressful and anxious period for many young players. Our staff/coaches will endeavour to make the experience and the environment warm and welcoming for each child. It is important to note that all children are on different paths and stages and selection will be based around their ability this given moment. Some attributes that we will be looking out for besides their technical ability will be their coachability (can they follow instructions/listening), and their game understanding.
If you will not be attending trials this year, we ask that you let us know over the coming days to allow for others to trial and so we can plan accordingly.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you all over the coming weeks.